View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1640076)   #60
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Funnily enough, I've just been looking at my copy of the same book...
7 635s competed at Bathurst in 1985- 3 were locally built by JPS Team BMW-
No.1 for Richards/Longhurst, described as the team's first Group A car, originally built for Bathurst 84
No.31 for Crichton/Fury- built for Crichton in late 84
No.20 Jim Keogh's ex-JPS car- originally a JPS team Group C car from 1982, rebuilt to Group A as the team's spare car for 85 before being sold to Glen Molloy and then Keogh
3 were ex-Schnitzer:
No.21-for Ravaglia/Cecotto- imported by Greg Siddle, described as the 2nd-place car from Spa 85. Also appeared at Bathurst in 86
No.23- Simon Emmerling's car, as described above by Racer69- Dieter Quester's 84-season car, acquired by Emmerling in early 85
No.3 Kent Baigent's NZ-based car- bought from Schnitzer in October 84, and I believe written off in NZ in late 85
and finally O'Brien's ex-CC Motorsport, ex-Sytner car. Bearing in mind that the TT was usually early September, then if it ran at the TT with Sytner, then they couldn't have wasted much time in re-preparing it and shipping it to Australia in time for Sandown later the same month...

Can anyone match this up to chassis numbers?- we know from Alex's info that the O'Brien car must have been either #37 or #39

Last edited by KA; 23 Jun 2006 at 22:42.