View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2553292)   #1
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nurburgring Insurance on Public Days

OK Ladies and Gents,
Being Trackdayers, some of you must be having a play at the Nurburgring on the public days.
1. The German Authorities regard this as a Public Highway and German road traffic laws have to be obeyed -Fair enough - stick to the right of someone wants to overtake, only overtake on the left etc etc.
2. Many UK Insurance companies exclude the Nurburgring , either specificially or generaly in the small print as they do not regard it as a public highway (obviously a conflict here, but I can't sort that out)
3. Does anyone know of a UK insurance company that will (for a premium) specifically include the Nurburgring in it's cover. Track day companies won't touch it - being a public highway, there are third party liabilities.
Is every UK car on the Nurburgring uninsured ? I have raised this on other forums previously, only to get some smart arse claim that hey had full cover, only to dissappear off the forum when you ask which company it is with!
I believe there is no problem getting cover with a German registered car, but that's not really a practical proposition.

Thanks
Alan