View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3937477)   #1983
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
You can of course spin things any way you wish to suit your narrative. I'm only looking at the figures produced by the EU. And don't forget red tape exists everywhere. I really don't see how it can be any worse after exit.
Agreed - there are articles aplenty on both sides of the argument to support whichever side you happen to believe. The truth I suspect is somewhere in between. I'm basing my pessimism on seeing the about of extra crap that we're having to produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sounds like the M25 on any normal day. And we're still in the EU.
ain't that the truth! Also the road system in kent is only ever a French strike away from chaos anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
There's no "may exist" about it. The surplus (ie the net amount that we pay to the EU), already factors in the "existing EU funded things" of course - we pay the EU about £13Bn, and get back about £4Bn. That £9Bn net contribution covers a heck of a lot red tape...........

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-m...ee-55-million/
I will be more than happy if that proves to be the case