View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3937497)   #1986
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Tell you one good thing that's come about during this latest Brexit c..k up.

I applied for my passport to be renewed online last Wednesday and have just had an email from them saying it's on it's way and I'll have it within 2 days.

I hung on and hung on, hoping when I renewed it I would get a blue GB one, but ran out of time and as I'm going away in November, so bit the bullet.

Talk about good service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes all that red tape you know. Frankly I don't care what colour the passport is and I think it was daft to make it an issue. But the services like this are becoming more efficient.
Moving services online is nothing to do with Brexit though? That's just progress. Credit where it's due though - a lot of the online government services are pretty good (taxing a car for example - much better than queuing in a Post Office to have an argument with the cantankerous old biddy behind the counter about whether your MOT and insurance are valid). The HMRC stuff is utter bobbins though.