View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2022, 21:15 (Ref:4127696)   #299
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I was thinking about this after Parfitt said that. One would also imagine that the Vauxhall Astras may be in their final season too given that the bodyshape/model has been in use for 6 seasons. There is a new Civic Type R on sale, so maybe Team Dynamics could bring that to the BTCC.

If Laser Tools want to stay with RWD, I guess their options are either to try and buy BMWs (if you can't beat them, join them) or maybe bring a brand like Audi back to the BTCC? The Audi RS 3 could be a good fit.

From a more general POV. Team HARD could probably build more CUPRAs too, but given those cars have a relative lack of performance, I can't imagine Laser Tools would be massively interested in them. I also wonder if Motorbase, Speedworks, and Excelr8 would sell the Focus, Corolla, and i30N to other teams.

Some cars that would seem to logically fit the regulations - '22 Audi RS 3, '22 Vauxhall Astra, '22 Honda Civic Type R, 3rd-gen Peugeot 308, VW Golf Mk8, Alfa Romeo Giulia

Some wildcards - the '21 Volvo V60/S60, Jaguar XE, the Mercedes-Benz A-Class/B-Class/C-Class, Renault Megane, KIA Ceed/Proceed.

Also, I'm not sure if any of the current MINI range is the correct dimensions? From memory, the MINI Hatch 5-door, and Clubman look about right.

RS3 uses a transverse engine with a Haldex rear diff... so would only be able to run FWD in BTCC. You need to look at the A4 for a "RWD" BTCC Audi as it the smallest Audi with a longitudinal mounted engine. Other options are jag, merc c class or alfa guilia.