View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3843642)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Totally get the size thing, and your comparison is about right for sure. I just think it's a bizarre situation where American can't get enough of its own marshalls (from lets say, 1000 mile radius), and relies on people from 5000 miles away in a different country.

That's a bizarre situation to be in. Although, to be blunt, I don't think IMSA needs to care what anyone outside of IndyCar and NASCAR are doing. As harsh as it sounds, WEC doesn't move dates to suit BTCC (they move dates to suit Fernando...)
People in other countries want to hit some of the Big Races here: Sebring, PLM and Daytona and see courses that have hosted F1 events in the past like Watkins Glen, Mosport, etc. (it works both ways, too I would think).

Reliance? I can't answer that, but that's interesting. Don't think it would be complete reliance, but I've been wrong 20x already today... And flying from the west coast to the east coast, renting a vehicle, getting a hotel etc. won't be much less than coming from overseas I would think; it all seems like a great pain in the ass, but I'm no traveler....

The amount of marshalls deciding going to the Runoffs on the complete opposite side of the country from PLM should be few and far between. Both have been happening around the same time of the year for years and would have been difficult to attend both for sometime now. I personally think it's a none issue.