View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3874562)   #5
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I didn't - and still don't - care for whatever podium ceremony, it's the race that counts and it was epic! Especially witnessing it in person. If you haven't, you should try and get to see the 12H for yourself!

Funny how you mention you "enjoy the racing as it is" but slash one of the most memorable races in recent history...
Haha, I was at that race in 2012. It was awesome. I wasn't slashing it, just repeating one of the old jokes about that race that people complain about. Seems any time a new class is talked about, or a joint race with wec, that line is used. I remember reading the sebring race program about the older races with all the classes back them, like the one I linked, and couldn't believe that anyone was complaining about 2012. Much less when they would then yearn for the "good ole days".

I think I stayed for most of the podium ceremonies, too. (Might have left before they ended, ya know, to leave before dawn )