Thread: Simon Diffey
View Single Post
Old 18 May 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4110460)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon, ran a printing business in Luton, oposite the BBC Three Counties Radio Station, when I reported on motorsport, and I got to kow Simon quite well as I often interviewed him or the sports programmes. Apart from being a very versatile, and effective driver of vintage and hstoric cars, he was an extremely charming gentleman. Apparently he was driving an vintage Bugatti on a dual carriageway when an ambulance on an emergency call sounded its siren, whereupon the car in front of Simon braked sharply (and quite uunecessarily, it seems), Simon without the same braking capacity swerved to avoid the car, and the passing ambulance clipped the Bugatti, and Simon was thown out.

Sadly Simon's brother James died some years ago, and now the family has to face this tradgedy.

Son George has regularly raced some of Simon's cars in VSCC events.

I will pray for them all.