View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2021, 03:18 (Ref:4030158)   #3031
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sorry? What do you mean? I think I might be missing the underlying metaphor here.
Star Wars sequel trilogy was garbage. So I hope that Laura does not sink the Corvette racing program with crazy ideas or agendas or worse of all cuts in the funds.

With that said new ideas are doable and I think going forward starting in 2023 perhaps, Corvette C8 should go the GT3 route. That way they can have use of the P&M team to run in IMSA GTD Pro and the Nürburgring 24. I think they can do that race instead of Le Mans.

I bet IMSA will start GTD-Pro in 2022 and maybe they will grandfather the GTLM C8R in 2022 with BoP. That way P&M can run at Le Mans in GTE pro in 2021 and 2022. I feel WEC will end GTE Pro after 2022. Could be Corvette's send off year at Le Mans and starting in 2023 make Nurburgring the European race for them.

I read the 2nd S365 article about Laura after I made my first posting. I like her intent to embrace customer C8Rs for GT3. So P&M for IMSA GTD Pro and N24. Customer C8's for everything else, but with occasional pro driver support is my suggestion. Start transition in 2022, fully implemented in 2023.