Thread: Driver Sebastian Vettel retires
View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2022, 20:53 (Ref:4121269)   #32
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

Yes, he demonstrated the importance of the car, but, so what? A very good driver who has also always been someone with a bit of perspective of life outside F1, and who in recent years, has shown a competitive edge without the previous hints of superiority. I think he seems a fantastic person and he's also a fan, just like us.

He may not yet know how to fill the void, but he will use his intelligence, humility and curiosity to do so with aplomb.

All the best to you, Seb.
Wonderfully written!

Has he always had zeal for the sport's history? I don't remember hearing that before. Also was surprised to hear he had purchased an ex-Mansell Williams*, and he is a 'Red 5 fan.' Also, videos of him doing demos in old Aston GP cars floating around.

There certainly seemed to be something different about him recently. The hair. The plunging into bringing more light to social problems.

He does seem like an interesting guy and that he will enjoy life.

* I do realize that owning an ex-Mansell Williams-Renault has an investment component along with the collector/fan behavior.