View Single Post
Old 13 May 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2689959)   #42
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to explain this basic technique to Chrispage on another thread.

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance in this!

I can only see how to make a curve in a strict half-circle. Can this be twisted to form corners with inconstant radius?
Quote:
Yes, you'd have to use multiple arcs. To create other arcs that aren't half circles you'd have to find it's centre. Do this by drawing a line at a 90 degree angle to the straight it connects to. The length of that line is the radius of the corner. Then measure out the duration of the corner you want with the protractor and make a line exactly as long as the other line. Then connect the ends of these lines and draw a third line of the same length through the centra of this line. Finally draw your arc from the end of the straight to the end of the second line via the middle line. If you've done that and you've done it exactly as I thought I wrote then you should have a constant radius curve. Use the line at the end of the corner to create the next corner or straight and then remove all guidelines.
This is so basic I'd have never expected to explain it but I'm happy to do. I'll need to post this in the tutorial thread which realy should be a sticky
Original posts removed from ptclause98's tracks threads.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 13 May 2010 at 23:04.