View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3846541)   #1495
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having watched the first corner incident as it happened I'm really pleased that nothing came of it.

I am however really *really* disappointed - and getting rather tired - of the polarity about the Halo. It might well have saved Leclerc's head; it may not. The same could be said of the roll hoop, tub of both cars, deformable structures, cockpit side protection, HANS device, helmet, nose profile (high or low), wheel tethers, dry-break fuel hoses, etc, etc - but excepting the noses and high cockpit sides, of which the "They're ugly" arguments dissipated really quickly - they're accepted as part and parcel of the many-layered safety system that modern racing mandates and nobody argues about them.

It's not necessarily here that I'm talking about, really; despite our occasional spats I think Tenths manages to strike a pretty good balance.

There are however just too many howls from the extremes of both sides of a non-argument. The Halo, aesthetically perfect or not, is at least part of an answer to the obvious issue of having the driver's head exposed. And that, aesthetically perfect or not, is a good thing. Like flame retardant undies.