View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2019, 02:40 (Ref:3886643)   #12
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Is it just me or has this meeting lost a bit of it's oomph. The years of having a multitude of interesting cars from overseas seem to be in the past and there seems to be a bit more emphasis on the Touring Car side of things. Remember the International sports car event from a few years ago and some great open wheeler fields. Perhaps the organisers think touring cars will get more people through the gate but the race weekend should not lose what has made it great over the years.
For my mind, every historic event in Australia has its 'niche'

PI Classic was all about the sportscars, the ones that couldn't really stretch their legs anywhere else in the country. That, combined with the international cars coming over was my drawcard to the event.
Sandown was F5000; Winton Festival of Speed was Group N; Austin 7 Historics had J, K and L all squared away etc...