View Single Post
Old 27 May 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3906378)   #17
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Guess Diogo Ferrao is who you’re thinking of. He organises this event now and runs the Iberian Historic Endurance series, so obviously I’ll be talking to him as well.

You never know, there may be a tenther down there with a villa and plenty of space.....

Yes, that's the fella!

It's almost amusing about the villa. One of my biggest regrets is that I was seriously contemplating a huge 10 bedroom villa not that far from Portimao that was situated on an excellent golf course. It had been repossessed by the lenders after the owner, who I was led to believe was a rather shady character with an unhealthy penchant for gambling, and the property was going oh so cheap. An added bonus for me was that it also had it's own private runway, so I could have popped down there whenever the fancy took me. And the attached hanger - each house had one - would have been more than big enough to accommodate your artic!

Mind you, back then in the late 70s and 80s, we went away every summer with friends and all our children, and every year my friend Alan and I would go through the ritual of looking at properties overseas. We nearly bought in Cyprus, Corfu and the Algarve, just to name a few.

But I was a fool not to have bought that villa on the golf course, although the thought that his creditors (and I am not talking about the bank, here) might be making further calls on the house seeking their money, didn't exactly fill my heart with joy. Especially after we found a number of bullet holes in the external structure!