Thread: BTCC 2010 rumour mill
View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2618716)   #591
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
I wouldn't go that far. It's still only January and BTCC news is famously slow. Same happened last year, not many people at all were confirmed at this point. I think we'll have a strong year, just give it time. I wasn't expecting everybody to be signed up in Janaury unlike some people it seems.
Last year Gio and Turkington were sewn up with works and pseudo works teams with very big budgets before the season began... I would be very surprised if they can create similar berths for themselves this year.

I've reason to believe that 888 were spending nearly GBP1M/car but I guess a portion of that was development. I would imagine WSR were spending not far off that. Tim Harvey mentioned GBP900K during one of the commentaries last year.