Thread: IMOLA CLASSIC
View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3859697)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Had a look on interweb, seems this M Werner won many races having sometimes A Furiani as team mate. No expense spared but it pays as was the case in period. Does the car retains a yellow nose?
Yes, it does still have the yellow nose. Bill used to co-drive the car with Alex Furiani before Frank Stippler took over that duty many moons ago.

Sunday featured mostly wet races, resulting in quite few incidents! John and Bill had a great race in the former’s B19, finishing 6th o/a and 3rd in class, making for a very enjoyable and successful end to the season.

One weekend stand out for me was the Heritage Touring Cup race. 36 starters (bit different to Portimao HTCC weekend before) and race won by Brit Steve Dance in his brand new Capri RS3100. Only tested briefly in UK before transporting to Imola! Steve won the HTC championship last year in his RS2600, also self built and prepared, as is the new car. In this race he was ahead of this year’s dominant car, the CSL of Christian Traber, by 4 secs after an hour..... Also good to see was British Morgan stalwarts Oliver Bryant and Dad Grahame finishing 3rd in their RS2600. Ollie held fastest lap for most of the race, just being pipped by Traber at the end.... The rare (unique?) Gp2 AMC Javelin of Marc Devis and Martin O’Connell was looking a bit sorry for itself when recovered to Park Ferme, needing a few corners, but the Pinepac GpA Mustang seemed to go well (winning the GpA class), as did the little Gp2 Scirocco. Sadly no Volvo brick racing, though.

Great weekend in a great location. Got through Frejus tunnel during the quiet of the night and now parked up in France. It’s cold, wet, and I didn’t pack any jeans. Have to pretend I’m a postie....