Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3857134)   #282
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but doesnt a more durable tire mean a slower car?

i do like the notion of a lower/thinner gauge tire as suggested by LH in that article...many wont like that though as i assume it will mean more pit stops will be necessary.

dont want to get bogged down by what or how we all define 'racing' but surely slower isnt racing...or is it..or maybe there doesnt need to be a trade off between the two?

an off topic point, but still amazed by Eliud Kipchoge's recent marathon record...essentially redefining what we think of as racing by running 26 consecutive miles at 4min 38 sec per mile.

one no longer has to manage pace while maximizing speed over distance.