Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3857173)   #294
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think sadly, while people are happy to hand over hundreds of pounds to attend this limp wristed series it will continue to carry on, as it will on tv when for some reason tv firms are bidding for the rights to show it.

We are the ones to blame (not me personally I haven't paid a penny for F1 for 20 years, but you get my drift)

Stop going to Silverstone, stop going to the F1 crap at the NEC, stop buying merchandise and computer games, stop paying SKY for it.

it's the only way you will enforce change, otherwise lump it, it's partly your fault.
Not to meaning to be controversial/contrary to what apparently is the majority here on TT, but mayhaps Formula One carries on because it does please the millions that are supporting it. I know it fulfills all I expect from it. The grids are tighter than years ago; more cars ont the lead lap than before; the last finishers closer than before.
I know I've said it repeatedly but why anyone expects the very top class of racing to appear as a single make series when that's not it's intention escapes me. Why torture yourselves when there's many other series with the close competition you desire?
I don't torture myself by watching them just as I don't watch movies with squealing tires on sand and every crashed car exploding three times (interior, under hood/bonnet, and trunk/boot) to entertain me as I know it doesn't really work that way. 'Maybe poor examples, and an exaggeration of course, but so in principle.
As even as IndyCar has made itself, there's still the top three teams dominating year after year.....the best always does, and should, rise to the top which is exactly what F1 is all about; just much higher tech which is why it's the pinnacle.

jimclark