View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2002, 18:57 (Ref:305531)   #18
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
oh my oh my oh my what a weekend!

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all the Croft marshals for taking care of us and making us feel so welcome - even if some of them do need to attend "lighting a BBQ 101".... I will ignore the fact that Mr. Smith allegedly rang Graham Inness to say "you're in trouble - guess who's coming to Anglesey (cue dramatic music and a bolt of lightning) EVILPUMPKIN".....

Just for reference, if you feel like torturing Graham, I heartily recommend waiting until he's constructing a BBQ and then standing there going "Graham - is it ready yet? NOW is it ready? Is it ready yet? What does this bolt do? Is it ready yet...."

I could probably take up several paragraphs about Anglesey - particularly marshalling the rallyX circuit, which can be a little bit hairy at times. Fair play to the organisers though - they actually visited one of the marshals' posts to enquire if they felt they were safe where they were, with the full intention of trying to get the post moved if not. Clerk Andy, if you're out there (and you tell me you are) HI!

So - awards for the bizarrest incidents of the day go to:

Carnegie for his wonderful 3 lap qualifier done with the bonnet open and against the windscreen for all three laps!

The car that managed to go from last corner to the track exit on two side wheels - fab bit of stunt driving, even if he didn't mean to do it!

Oh and final award goes to Graham for radio call of the day:

"Post 4 to control..I require race stop and....oh never mind. Post 4 to control - car xxx rolled and continued"

Anglesey - home of fast rallycross, thunderstorms and weird incidents!!!

Thanks again to all the Croft guys and hope to see you all again soon(ish)!
PLEASE DO NOT RIDICULE GRAHAM TOO MUCH AS THAT IS MY JOB AND IF HE IS DONE TO BITS BEFORE I SEE HIM IT WOULD TAKE ALOT OF THE PLEASURE AWAY FROM ME.

STEVE GIBSON