View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2019, 09:50 (Ref:3912391)   #1871
OmerRS
Rookie

OmerRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Super Season for GTE was great. I think though its the high water mark of the era. I am bummed about AF Corse winning they are my least favorite team. Perhaps that is because they don't get involved in IMSA races enough other than supplying the drivers for Risi at Daytona. Especially bummed for Corvette for their off track issues. Wondering if it is time to make some driver changes. Especially for the #4 car. Ford seemed to realized they did not have the outright pace to win so they went for reliability. They did get that for sure. Their efforts went to the #85 car and it was interesting to see them help out with the garage fix.
I think ACO should have let a faster GTE class(50-100 kg reduction and maybe 100 hp increase ) for super season before switching to Hypercars, because all the GTE Pro cars look way too limited at the moment they are crying for more speed. Also a "limited BOP" system can attract more manufacturers because they can show their series production cars are superior then the rest. For example a base fuel tank size can be fixed to 100 lt but BOP system allowed to adjust +/-5 lt only or base weight of 1200 kgs can only very between 1150 to 1250 kgs.