View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3928394)   #128
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
As i drove down to Goodwood Thursday morning all doom and gloom as this was just going to be another four days of racing with winging and moaning drivers. Rolled into the circuit and my enthusiasm came alive again and I did enjoy the weekend even though I did not have a drive. Caught up with lots of mates and of coarse nothing in this motor racing world can top paddock full of 500 F3 cars with their eccentric drivers mechanics owners all of whom are just such lovely people and its a delight to be part of their community.At this point I must tell that our very own Stuart Wright who has never driven Goodwood put his Cooper P3 on the grid. Sadly he was a DNF in the race but such a brilliant effort well done Stu.
Chuffed to bits for Sam Hancock. Driver of the weekend winner and well deserved. I have known Sam since he was a lad as I have raced against his Dad Tony since the late 70's. Sam has worked hard and driven at Le Mans. I overheard several people saying how much they enjoyed watching his car control. He is also a top commentator and why Sky have not snapped him up yet I do not know.
I just wish I had made an effort to get the Westminster entered now as there were not any in the St Mary's race. My car is legal as well.It was good to catch up with HRTR5 as his son Freddie did a fantastic job in his J40. That grid just gets bigger and bigger. BTW the cars are now scrutineer-ed as there have been some discrepancies with people tuning the pedal angles. What ever next. The sun shone and it was a lovely weekend. Last word, poor Uncle Eric came along to look at all the Lotus Cortina's. Hmmm wrong year sorry Eric.