View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3928891)   #136
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is fair to say I've not been on 10/10 for quite some time but I thought I'd check in here today after a most enjoyable Revival. I was blown away to receive a message this morning from Autosport legend and commentator extraordinaire Marcus Pye to say I was on the cover of Autosport.

What a privilege to race door-handle to door-handle in an incredibly tough and closely fought battle with good friends. No contact, no paint traded, but absolutely no quarter given either. Just incredibly tight and competitive racing.

A lovely part of the story is that it was 61 years to the day on Friday since countryman and hero Bruce McLaren and Syd Jensen raced the Coombs Racing Organisation Lotus 15 Chassis 609 at Goodwood in the News of the World RAC Tourist Trophy Race on 13 September 1958. And today, the same car appears on the cover of Autosport just shy of 61 years since it was last on the cover of Autosport having won at Oulton Park driven by Roy Salvadori on 20 September 1958 - 61 years tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Autosport Cover.jpg   s-l1600.jpg