View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1574733)   #37
Jesper OH
Veteran

Jesper OH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another welcome to Dave from me too

Currently I'm looking for group A results (followed by race reports and general news) and have Dave Carvell down for two 2nds at Snetterton in August and at the Silverstone finale in October.

http://forums.autosport.com/showthre...threadid=86731 (the annoucement)

The Snetterton race must have been a close one with the top-3 covered by 1.5 second. Mike O'Brien winning in the Docking-Commodore and Pete Hall third in a Sierra RS Cosworth.
At Silverstone Hall won in the updated RS500, but Carvell finished ahead of fellow Rover driver and class A top scorer Tim Harvey.
(I only have top-3 finishes and only for the latter half of 1987)

Chassis numbers is also a very welcome addition to the general understanding of what happened when. If 014 was used during Brno '86 I would suggest that at least less than 20 TWR Rovers were build. From recent experiences I have learned that the art of building a Touring Car is so complicated that excisting chassis is very often rebuild rather than created from new. TWR went through 7 Jaguar XJS's during their 1982-84 ETCC campain. 1 and later 2 cars during '82, 2 cars for '83, while 3 cars were seen during '84.

Jesper