View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3937445)   #1978
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
And yet according to its own figures the UK pays a net contribution to the EU?
It does - but do you really believe that there will be any surplus once the existing EU funded things are paid for and the extra bureaucracy we're going to introduce is factored in? I can't see it myself. Red tape will suck up any excess that may exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell
I hear that Operation Yellowhammer has been suspended, which of course it should be as we’re not leaving this week. But I didn’t realise that the M20 ‘Operation Brock’ nightmare had been put back in place ready fo the 31st, and now has to be dismantled again.........
I got caught up in traffic that was avoiding Brock yesterday morning - the M20 was knackered so the A20, M2 and A2 were also borked. Wasn't as bad this morning - presumably people have got their rat runs sorted.