Thread: Sebring 2020!
View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3954122)   #22
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I'm going again this year, after enjoying my first trip in 2019.

I have to be back in the UK for Monday morning, which means catching a 1925 flight from Orlando on Saturday night, so I'll only see the first 4 hours of the 12 Hour. I will, however, be there from first thing Thursday so I'll get to see most of the practice sessions and the support races.

I found food options were great, though expensive. Toilets are terrible. Signage is almost non-existent. I kept looking for the famous raucous party zones but I just saw lots of blokes having a fun time. I slept in the car right by the legendary flagpole - lovely and quiet! Viewing is excellent. Photo angles are many, apart from at T17 which seemed to be all sponsor areas.

2019 was hot, humid and wet. Not that much fun weather wise. I'm hoping for weather more like Daytona this weekend.

Sebring still won't post tickets outside the USA, which is a bit...20th century. Will Call is literally someone going through a pile of envelopes to find the one with your name on it. Everyone is very helpful and friendly.

It's a great event, unlike anything else I've been to. The griminess and rough edges are part of what makes it fun. There's no track like it, no event like it.
You're welcome to meet up with our crew on Thursday or Friday night if you want to experience the party situation. We've got a group of about 25 and we tend to hit all the known spots. If you're only there for that short period you need to make the most of it!