Columbus
Rookie

England
Sussex, UK
Columbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
There's 3 OEMs committed to LMH so I don't know what you're on about

But what I really wanted to say is that what you're describing here, watching events from television itself is way of the old men. If these sports actually want to evolve and find new (young) audiences, streaming options are the only way to go. And hiding your product behind paywall is not the answer to that. But that's been discussed billion times already of course

Anyway, even if we were still in the glory days of LMP1 and you had everything being shown for free, you would never get attention for an event called 8 Hours of Bahrain held in the middle of December. The race exists purely for getting the pay check from the Kingdom of Bahrain
What I'm on about is WEC's tiny audience driving manufacturer and sponsor money away to Formula E and other properly promoted series.

I didn't say Peugeot is the only manufacturer committed to Hypercar. I said it's the only New manufacturer. What about Aston Martin, I hear you say? They won't even be in business next season if they can't secure a massive financial bail-out (share price has collapsed 75% since flotation last year). Most likely investor is L Stroll and he'll be rebranding his Racing Point Formula 1 to promote AM, not spending on WEC.

Totally agree with you about broadcast/streaming and new/young audience. I hope you're not right about 8hr endurance racing being too dull to watch even if it's free.