View Single Post
Old 24 May 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3409869)   #7
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hear you about $175 being a lot of money. sadly, adding that copst to a weekend budget can be a make-or-break for some people (like myself.) Adding to that doubling the race-day ticket price, and suddenly an affordable fun weekend at the track becomes a weekend at home watching on TV because the cost to go is just too high.

Doesn't mean you are getting "screwed," though. getting screwed would be if you showed up and what you got was less than what was advertised when you paid it.

Businesses raise their prices and change their products. People who really liked the old prices and products won't be happy, obviously. But ... business is business. The Glen management needs to make money and as much as they can, because that's their job. if they think they can satisfy enough customers to make the same or more profit with the new prices and products ...

Mobility seems like the biggest issue to me. I would call the track and find someone who could explain thoroughly what when and were trams were running, if at all.

The biggest problem at some tracks isn't that I have to walk, it is sometimes that either walking or waiting for trams takes so much time it's hard to justify leaving a good viewing spot, even to seek a better one.

Another thing I have learned (though it won't help your dad) is to take Ibuprofen at the start of the race, not the start of the pain.

For emphasis I quite field ofdreams79: "...if one can find that happy balance to enjoy the show, by all means, don't lose out on a decent time at the track."