View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3771116)   #45
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I"m not sure if you had Sears Point Sonoma in mind with that pit lane which is the nearest I can think of to anything like that. Where you have to use a long hairpin to get into the 2 part "dogleg" pits.

At Sears Point it's a horrible compromise due to a mixture of the terrain and their not being a long enough straight for a conventional pit lane.

In a modern circuit design, I don't see something like that as an option.

Looking specifically at your design, the pit entry looks awkward as it would be a wide entry into the T11 apex, and it's the same wide line you'd need to be on and then stay wide from to enter the pits.

Regarding level of the pitlane dropping down under T12. T12 would require atleast 25-30m between the barriers plus safety space beyond the barrier, That would make the "tunnel" something like 50m long, with down slope and then up slope of at least 50-60m each, to then have the speed line for the pits itself. 0 that's using real world measurement of Abu Dhabi's pit exit tunnel.
I'm not sure your scale accommodates that.

Your pit exit screams danger to me, cars accelerating out of the pitlane onto the right hand side of the track, are going to be crossing paths with cars accelerating out of T12 as the racing line takes you to the right hand side of the track especially as the next corner is a 90 left.

I'm not sure where else you'd put a pit complex on that design as it is, nut for me this one doesn't work.