View Single Post
Old 15 May 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3903973)   #3536
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
So you listen to journalists and don't consider them capable of forming a rational and possibly correct analysis of the current state of Formula 1? Yet all we see repeated in this thread is cost caps, not a return to proper cars with proper engines.
No, that's what I'm saying. Please refrain from strawmanning. I'm not actually stating anything in particular, I'm asking you a question which you continue to dodge. I am certain there are many people, including journalists, who can make a rational and possibly correct analysis of F1. All I'm asking is, why are certain people's opinions more valuable than others according to you? Why do young people seemingly have no idea what racing should be, according to you?

Secondly, you seem to have already decided what the 'correct' analysis is and everyone who is not on board with that is wrong. See your assertion above, you seem to imply that the current F1 cars are not 'proper' and neither are the engines. I find that highly curious so my next question is, what's not proper about them? What does proper even mean?