View Single Post
Old 4 May 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3730943)   #34
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
So are they expecting the same guys who will be racing their cars on the Sunday for the Championship,
to risk/run their cars in a 1 hour on Saturday night?

Or are they looking for two separate lots of people who have V8 supertourers etc?
The matter was discussed at length at the SOG [Series Organisers Group] meeting last Monday.

Geoff Short, stated that you could only enter the 1 hour Endurance race if you were entered and running in a category that was running at the same event.

Several people including myself felt that Geoff had not thought through the detail of his proposal and as always the "devil is in the detail"

In my opinion you are quite right DX20VT, why would anybody chasing a MZNZ Championship consider running in a one hour race on Saturday evening, and jeopardise their Sunday race, or race's if they run a NZ Touring car etc.

Why also would somebody want to run their FiA GT3 Endurance car in a GT sprint race category for that weekend so that they would be eligible to run in a a 1 hour endurance race where the cars will be rated on some fanciful BOP scale to determine how long each car must stop for in the compulsory pitstop?

Geoff's answer was that I would be surprised at the level of interest. Hmmmm I wonder just who might be surprised this summer, time will tell as always.