View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2017, 02:40 (Ref:3750606)   #215
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Ostella and Boulle in the #52 PR1-Mathieson car .... in a 2:40 race that pair performed admirably, making decent use iof the car and making smart decisions and basically doing nothing to call attention to themselves.

Finally near the end of the race with a mix of wet and dry track, one driver made one small mistake.

It wasn’t a stupid dive bomb, or failing to watch the mirrors, or fighting the leaders as they tried to pass ... the guy just went off at one corner. maybe a puddle, maybe the tires failed ... who knows. I would have to be mightilly ungenerous not to notice the 2:37 of good driving the pair did, particularly because any one would be hard -pressed to name a single driver who hadn’t ever made an error.

There is no reason to think the pair were over their heads in a P2. if that were the case, the accident wouldn’t have happened with three minutes left, or whatever. There was no litany of complaints from other drivers, there were no close calls, .... basically these guys proved to be perfectly competent and even a little quick until the final few minutes, in a situation where everyone was scrambling, and it could have been almost anything which cause the crash--maybe he gave a little too much room to a passing car and got his tires in the wet grass, or hit a little puddle?

Maybe his brakes failed. I don’t know. I do know, I did not see and have not heard any reason to diss the efforts of those two drivers.