View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2018, 00:22 (Ref:3807293)   #15
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
And in one of the earlier stages, King (I think it was) set a new outright lap record for the track, despite the aero changes. I'm curious to see the onboard telemetry; the last year or two, top speeds down the front straight were about 165 mph, and I'm guessing that's up a bit with the new package.

Assuming this is the case, it will be interesting to see the impact at subsequent street circuits, as well as a road course like Road America. I am concerned that the increased accordion effect and more difficult cornering will hinder racing at places like Barber and Sonoma. I also hope the cars are able to continue to run fairly close to one another at Indy, Texas, and Pocono (though I'd be fine if they were just a bit more spread out at Texas than was the case last year).