View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2008, 09:23 (Ref:2127040)   #45
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The list of countries is quite nice, although not every championship is completely or even dominantly S2000. In Italy, Portugal and Germany to count the number of S2000-cars you barely have to use your second hand. In Russia there are a bit more, about 10 I thought. In Finland a lot of cars have been given a lot of dispensations to fall in the S2000-class, with turbo's and completely different weights. That leaves Sweden, Danmark and he UK as proper S2000-championship. I'm not sure about the Baltic championship.
So there is a lot more ground to gain. I think a good step would be that it's easier to get a car homologated. The current deal between the Swedes and the Brits inwitch they automatically homologate cars witch have been homologated in the other country. Offcourse national autorithies should be carefull not to be to liberal considering proposals of their own countrie, it would lead to chaos, but in general this maybe should spread more over Europe.