Thread: WEC BR1 Dallara LMP1
View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3916584)   #340
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't understand why the EOT was the problem when it was clearly getting better and more towards their favor. They were a second off Toyota at Le Mans and faster than the Porsche 919 was. What would close the gap imo, would be specifically designed front tires maybe rears as well, lower weight (approaching 800kg) and equalized stint lengths to Toyota. There's no reason they couldn't win races that way. Especially with the new success ballast (if that's a thing), Toyota will probably be at 950kg by the end of the season. The cars were just starting to get to that point where they were really close to the pace of Toyota and there's only a couple things to do to finalize that bridge.
Close in pace maybe - at Le Mans, but still 6 laps behind after a problem-free run for #11.
I think they realized they will never be able to close that gap.
If they had spent 20 minutes in the garage, then you know there's margin for improvement but I don't think there is any now.