Thread: WEC BR1 Dallara LMP1
View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3916591)   #341
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Close in pace maybe - at Le Mans, but still 6 laps behind after a problem-free run for #11.
I think they realized they will never be able to close that gap.
If they had spent 20 minutes in the garage, then you know there's margin for improvement but I don't think there is any now.
I suspect their biggest dissatisfaction doesn't actually come from the performance gap to Toyota, or even the way ACO has implemented the rules, but that the factory cars have been absolutely bullet proof (thanks to not having to push at all)

Btw I just remembered that the team could still run their now near-ancient LMP2 BRs in the ASLMS P2-AM next winter even stick Judd or AER or whatever into it... Why not? In the world of spec and bop, ASLMS still has room for bit of the old world... Too bad not for LMP1 but...