View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3933304)   #18
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Looking at the Pacific Typhoon season, the previous dates are recorded as:

2010: Jan 18-Dec 20 (quietest Typhoon season on record)
2011: Apr 11-Jan 1
2012: Jan 13 - Dec 29
2013: Jan 1 - Dec 3
2014: Jan 10 - Jan 1
2015: Jan 2 - Dec 23
2016: May 25 - Dec 28
2017: Jan 7 - Dec 26
2018: Dec 29 - Dec 29
2019: Dec 29 - ongoing

So if you wanted to avoid the risk of typhoon, the best time would appear to be Feb/Mar?
Right. Australia (first GP) this year was March 17th. Two weeks later is Bahrain. Do you do back to back to back weekends - Australia, Japan, Bahrain (which I expect would be tough on the team) or start the season earlier (which has it's own issues)? I don't think there are any good answers.

I love the Japanese GP and weather is always going unpredictable at all events (some have more risk than others). So IMHO, the current schedule is about as good as any.

Richard