View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3990922)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Above a certain speed (can't remember what it is) tyre noise becomes louder than engine noise. In urban environments (where speed is lower) then engine noise (or lack thereof) is a greater factor.

There's a clip online somewhere of Opel testing an electric Corsa rally car - the noise it makes is depressing. It's all irritating whine and tyre squeal (like Formula E). Please, please can someone find a way of making an electric car sound good. There must be a way to make the airflow over/under/through the body produce sound.
Our roads here must be in a worse state, as even in city, I hear road noise only. Just a week or so ago an i3 drove by me and I was surprised at the amount of noise the tyres were making.