Old 4 Jan 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2365054)   #22
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
This may be semantics, in which case I apologise, but "international" surely means the category of the event, not where the event is held?
Quite right Peter - location is irrelevant, status is what matters. There is lots of evidence of Griffiths racing in the US in period at Road America for example but the FIA don't recognise these - they weren't FIA sanctioned events.......

Malcolm Johnson built his 400 in 2007 and gathered a large amount of information about their race history. On that basis papers were issued by Jim Lowry, I think. There is some discussion about what mods were run in period eg car width, air intakes etc but eligibility does not appear to be an issue.

I do not believe there is any question that the International Senior Service Sports Car race at Silverstone on 10.7.65 or the AMOC Martini Trophy at Silverstone on 24.7.65 or the Aspern GT on 17.10.65 were 'International' events all of which had Griffiths competing.

Terry I suspect those such as Jon Shipman and Malcolm have a greater interest than the TVRCC archivist in proving the race history of the cars. I just hope the FIA take an even handed approach when looking at the eligibility and specification of other marques.

Jelli is building his 200 to a similar spec to Steve Watton's car ie not FIA

R