Thread: BARC
View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3882708)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
5 circuits? I thought it was 3? Thruxton, Pembrey and Croft, what have i missed? And presumably the fees they charge other clubs, and for running Goodwood events and BTCC (with little risk) brings in enough money to cover costs??? If it doesnt then they are seriously doing something wrong.

Sorry, should have been clearer as I included the hill-climb venues. And you would have thought that the BRDC would have at least broken even at Silverstone where they at least have annual lease fees paid to them from the property company they leased out the rest of their site to, plus the gate income from the GP plus all the other fees they rake in.

But they don't; they're losing about £1.5 million a year as well, and that's just one circuit.