View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3883318)   #392
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mike, I try my best to keep up at the back but may I ask why Silverstone Classic would not be worth the money asked? Its said to be one of your flagship and to any foreigner sounds like the place to be. I feel missing something, probably because I dont know you other tracks, but what?
It’s the circuit layout that isn’t, in my opinion worth paying a premium to race on. I’m not a fan of the current GP configuration, even when the faster ‘historic’ Vale corner is used. In the UK, Brands Hatch GP or Donington are far nicer to drive. (Again, my opinion.)

Silverstone Classic as an event is superb, as long as you accept that because it attracts huge numbers of spectators it is very busy. More like LMC in that respect, complete with massive car club displays, Music concert and other activities for families. That side of the meeting I really enjoy.

One issue that can’t be overcome is having to use two different pits and paddocks to accommodate all the race cars- the original ‘National’ for morning races, and the new ‘Wing’ complex and paddock for afternoon races. So if you’ve got cars running AM and PM, you have to shuttle between the two paddocks, possibly with spares and equipment, negotiating the crowds of spectators carefully at the same time! It doesn’t bother me as you get used to it, but it does put some racers off.