Thread: Spa
View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2000, 06:52 (Ref:36885)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ian said that Spa would be his last event this year because he wouldn't be able to source a decent engine by Snetterton. So, we can fully expect to see him in Norfolk then.

The annual Spa meeting is very hard on cars and drivers. If you've never been there previously, it is seriously daunting. The trouble is that, racers being what they are, if you tell them this they won't believe you. Sadly this leads to bent and broken cars because we ask too much of the machinery.

Peter's fuel pump stopped working and he was out of the race. Fuel pumps work harder at Spa than any other circuit becuase you are flat out more often and for longer.

Ian C was relatively lucky to get away with a broken engine because I watched him and from where I stood it looked like he was heading for the wall.

Andrew was somewhat unluckier because you can't legislate for a broken oil union. At least him and Rick made the one-hour race in Rick's car.

However. I will be surprised if they don't all come back next year because from what I saw they've all got the bug.