View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2004, 09:21 (Ref:933175)   #11
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snapper Baz - Can't remember the last time I only had 10 minutes of practice then 10 minutes of race. We usually get 15 minutes of each at BARC meetings. Otherwise I accept your point and it was "Racing ahead" and the grid positions were still based on qualifying times. I thought it worked really well and we only got one race cut short due to the comparitive lack of 'slack time' being absorbed by car retrievals etc. As it was caused be two of our drivers anyway I can't really complain.

kickstart - 75%+75%=150%=a lot of 'reserves'. Otherwise I agree more merging needs to be done and both the BARC and BRSCC do seem to be taking heed. The new BRSCC catch all Saloon series is a good move, a class for everything with a roof, and even some cars without and kit cars. Looking at the number of qualifiers for some of the early races this year there is still plenty of scope for merging series or running races in parallel, I just hope the clubs don't wait until next year to do it.

Cameron - Love the idea of having consistent regulations. If a country as vast as the states can manage it then why can't the UK!!!