View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2021, 03:03 (Ref:4039542)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hé bien, Dave, on oublie ses vieux potes du forum maintenant? No pics, no news, no nothing? How is the Doc'?
No friends forgotten, more a case of a busy long day yesterday, getting home last night and falliing asleep as soon as I sat down.

I will try and post some pics later this evening.... have to get my camera nd PC to talk to each other first.

Re dr bob I will leave him to tell the details, but basically the previous misfire on Saturday was thought to be a fuel regulator issue... the only thing that had been altered from previous racing. Sunday race 1 and dr bob stopped on the warm up lap with flames emanating. The marshalls contained that swiftly and the car was returned to the garage on a truck. Overfuelling had led to the fire which fortunately had been dealt with swiftly and no major damage.

We managed to find a new regulator, but dr bob's men with knowledge and spanners despite there best efforts and swapping of parts still had problems with fuel pressure.... the decision to pull the pin and not race was made, as dr bobs Torana needed race prep (the man with the spanners was racing that), so I left dr bob with my sorrow for his curtained racing and wished him a safe long journey home to NSW, as I had to help organise some prizegiving stuff for our car club (the other HTC class running)

Next thing I saw was the Heritage cars (dr bob's RX7 runs in the Heritage class) heading out on track for their final race. Much to my surprise with dr bob's Mazda taking the start.

I watched the race and the car seemed to be running sweetly, and certainly finished.... but have not spoken to dr bob since then. I did not want to be asking questions and interrupting when he was loading up and trying to beat the traffic out, and he had plenty of helpers... my additional help would likely have been hindrance. So whatever the fix was or how it ran I know not at this stage.

Im sure when he arrives home maybe later today and gets his feet back on the ground he will update here with more reliable news on his weekend than I can offer.

From my point of view it was great to get out to the first proper decent size motor race for 12 months, (Last years PI race was the last historic event we got here) and I feel fortunate to have been one of the lucky 1000 allowed in to get a pass this year.

Always great to catch up with the likes of dr bob, who was the usual welcoming sharing and hospitable gentleman he is.

Despite the lack of international content it was still a superb locally sourced entry list (I heard 450 cars) across all categories from Ferrari F1 cars, Indycar F5000, F2 etc through Can Am type cars (the ex Keke Rosberg Budweiser Spyder was there) Porsche 962's right through the Heritage and other Touring Car classes of all eras to MG Midgets MGBs and FFs, all providing great racing in beautiful weather.

The competitor / car list is still available here: https://vhrr.com/forms/2021-PI-Competitors.pdf

Watch this space for some photographs.

Last edited by E.B; 8 Mar 2021 at 03:09. Reason: Added competitor list link and photograph warning