Thread: Multi 21 Red Bull-Honda
View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2018, 23:11 (Ref:3832231)   #70
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
At least it has confirmed my thought that Toro Rosso brought in two "test drivers" this year, to try out the Honda unit, knowing they were not really going to get far up the grid with it..

Hartley was definitely a test driver bought in for his reliability and technical prowess. So much for that as he massively crashes in the last 3 rounds

Gasly isn't a test driver though, at all. If they were to bring in another driver just for testing purposes, you'd get someone with good F1 experience like Di Resta, Weirhein, Massa, Gutierrez or heck you'd keep the guy that drove TR when it was a Renault... Kyvat!

TR need Gasly for when D Ric moves on in case something happens with Sainz Jr (like maybe Renault gets in front of RB!). And boy now that they've switched to Honda, what is Dan waiting for? I'd be offering my services for free to Merc or Ferrari. Dan could win the title in that Ferrari. Don't waste any more of your prime years in the 3rd best car, you can't win when you've got talents like Lewis and Seb in the top 2 teams.

Even if RB manage to cling on to 3rd best still next year, surely they won't be anywhere near as close to the top 2 as they are now. We don't really know how much of a step Honda has made yet... Hartley's first 2 laps in quali were slower than Gasly in the old engine. Plus maybe TR were slow as **** in the corners to get that high top speed.