View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3951930)   #278
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
They have an almost opposite situation in Spain, especially along the Costas and also mainly concerning domestic properties. There, it is not uncommon for local authorities to grant builders and developers building licences because they are a great source of revenue.

However, in many cases, the said local authorities were not in a position to grant such licences, and in many instances the revenue actually went to individuals within the authorities rather than the authorities themselves. This has resulted in hundreds of thousands of properties being constructed and sold which are actually illegally built.

So far, a few have been demolished, but most remain in situ. But it does mean that a lot of these property owners are unable to sell them if they wish to move. The largest problem is in the Marbella area which has in excess of a hundred thousand illegal properties due to the corrupt practices of their past Senior Planning Officer, who it is alleged kept his bosses sweet with multiple brown envelopes, and who is currently languishing in jail awaiting trial.
Tell me about it Mike, I could write a book about it as we have been down here since the mid 70s. Corruption is still rife although hopefully the newly formed government "might" try and sort it. However this is Spain and I can't see it personally. I am forever making films for a forum down here and several have been on the "abandoned properties" theme that is all over my area as well as Spain in general. We even have a 3/4 built massive hotel that is slowly falling apart on the road to Carboneras from our place, It has been called "Hotel Illegal" by Greenpeace and has been spoiling the campo for years.
https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...supreme-court/

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 16 Jan 2020 at 12:32.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !