View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2020, 23:54 (Ref:3952024)   #288
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post

Iain, pumps and especially glass globes are worth a lot of money these days, might not last long if left outside! When I think of how many we scrapped while modernising petrol stations in the '70s when we were turning every site into self service. I personally heaved more than one clock face pump onto the scrappie's lorry
When my brother and I ran a garage in the late 60s we had all new tanks and pumps installed, there were two glass globed ones and one hand cranked job that we smashed up and put it in an old 500 gallon tank along with the rest of the scrap. Hindsight wasn't invented then and as for the phone boxes there is still one outside of that garage today. I understand that the Yanks buy them for silly money and some are used as shower cubicles
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !