View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4087902)   #258
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'd have throught ARG would have taken an 'all-in' approach, given it's Bathurst.

Gather up all the race-ready cars, incentivise the fence-sitters, maybe air-freight one or two more factory-employed ring-ins, make a proper show of it.

However, I think now that ARG have their mits on Supercars, TCR will fall under the control of a smaller entity (are you still interested, Mr Salmon?). Will be entirely up to the competitor base then. Next year will be telling.
To be honest, similar thoughts had crossed my mind regarding what ARG would do with TCR now they’ve got a slice of Supercars. Same goes for TA2 actually also. And the Bathurst “International” now that they’ve got the 1000. I assume they’ll hang onto to 6hr as it’s different enough from the 12hr they’ve got a share of now too.

GRM have invested heavily in TCR, I doubt that part of ARG would be keen to see the formula passed onto someone else.
Rod Salmon would, I assume, only be interested in running with AMRS under AASA, but Motorsport Australia holds the actual contract for the TCR regulations don’t they (who appointed ARG to run it?)