Thread: 2022 MX GP
View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4106362)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
What is going on with Herlings in 2022?

Tim Gajser has won 4 of the 5 MXGP rounds this year so far...
Herlings injured again (foot).
Also Febvre is still recovering.

Strong rumours Herlings will take part in the AMA National championship. Season start half May.

Interview with his team boss:

Quote:

There is another championship coming up. I am not sure if you are aware of that [laughs]. It is one that KTM would like to win and could do with winning, because MXGP is not going to happen and 450SX has been difficult. I have heard that we are at 50/50 at the moment. What can you tell us about those conversations? I heard that he was in Austria last week for a meeting. Is that true? What can you tell us? We will take anything.

From the PIERER Mobility Group’s point of view then, of course, it would make sense that he rides in America, because if he is fit then he will be a championship contender. For him also, it would be nice to win a championship. He needs to be fit though. It is not like it is a walk in the park to fly to America and race there in the AMA. Nothing is decided and everything is still on hold. We need to wait and see the progress with his healing, then at some point we need to make a decision.

Jeffrey is a very competitive person and likes to win things. I think that it is safe to say that he would like to go to America and have a go at winning a championship, instead of coming here and just going from race to race with no end goal.

Yeah, of course. I mean, for us it would also be nice to win races and GPs as well.

https://mxvice.com/is-herlings-going-to-usa-outdoors/