View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3857804)   #101
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I can't believe I was actually a Nascar fan once. But I was up until about 2001. Briefly got interest in it again in the late 2000's when Juan Pablo Montoya was competitive but after he faded I only just now read the results to see when Kyle Busch can get to 200 overall NASCAR victories.

There is not a SINGLE new driver who has debuted in the past 5 years that I have any interest in. My favorite driver through the late 90's was John Andretti, then it was Dale Jr for a while until Montoya came in. I guess now its Kyle but its not like I watch the races.

The stages need to go. Having two 200 or 250 mile double headers might be the way to go in the future. Could actually have a chance at safety car free races. Also doing this will allow the Grand National (Xfinity) series to split up more frequently and go to more smaller tracks or road racing circuits that need to have more marque series' hosting it. This series could also add a whole lot of road races to the schedule, it could attract better road racing names to the series. If the Grand National (Xfinity) series had 10- 15 races that were on road courses the maybe someone like Andy Lally or Colin Braun run full time and give the series some recognizable names to compete and give people a reason to watch.