View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3880692)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
To be fair to Greensmith, you can't do much more than beat whoever turns up. What's more I'm not sure the Fiesta R5 is the best car in this class. The very experienced Sarrazin was more than a minute back and the nearest Fiesta R5 three minutes back. Rovenpera binned it early, of course, but coping with pressure is what rallying is about.

If I was Malcolm Wilson I'd be very happy with a young driver who did what was expected, kept it on the road, and remained competitive throughout. You don't learn anything from a ditch.
All valid points Greensmith ticked all the boxes - win, learn, don't bin it. Of the R5 cars the Fabia seems to have an edge over the Fiesta and Citroen (but not much). The R5 class as a whole (not just at WRC level) seems to be quite well balanced.